Safe Enviornment Training is valid for 5 years and must be updated when needed. Background check is paid for by you. Any questions please contact the office at 270-233-4196.
DIOCESE SAFE ENVIRONMENT INFORMATION
Please visit the Diocese of Owensboro website to complete all information to become Safe Environment trained:
The mission of the diocese’s “Safe Environment Program” is to insure the safety of children and young people who have been entrusted to our care in our parishes, schools, religious education classes, and other programs.
We pursue this mission in four ways:
- By thoroughly screening and supervising all Church ministers, employees and volunteers who work with children and young people as part of their ministry.
- By providing appropriate training in recognizing and reporting child abuse.
- By verifying that all Church ministers, employees and volunteers who work with children and young people are prepared to follow Christ-centered and professional codes of conduct and respond appropriately to allegations of sexual abuse.
- By providing the opportunity for every minor in Catholic schools and parish faith formation programs to participate annually in a safety training covering the topics of sexual abuse prevention and the need to tell if abuse is occurring.
To report suspected abuse call the Kentucky Child Protection Hot Line: 1-877-KYSAFE1 or 1-877-597-2331 (Toll Free) or contact your local Commonwealth Attorney
- Reporting Requirements
- Diocesan Response to Reports
- (B&W Printable Version)
To report abuse to the diocese, current or past, by anyone acting in the name of the Church, please call: 270-852-8380 | Pastoral Assistance Coordinator